You are annoyed of your phone because it has a simlock or is from a provider, so that you can´t update your firmware as soon as the update comes out?
So, in this tutorial I will show you how to change your product code. If you change your provider-product code to a free product code you have a branding-free mobile phone.
At first I want to say, that you shouldn´t change it if you have no knowledge of your device. Only change it if you know what you are doing!
If you make something wrong, you could damage your phone and if you have changed the Product Code you won´t have warranty anymore. So first think exactly about what you´re doing.
!!!IMPORTANT: Don´t make a backup over the integrated backup-function of your phone before changing the PC (Product Code), because after that nothing will work anymore.!!!
For every phone there are different PC´s. You can find them in the internet via google, here is a list of some product codes.
Here an important list of the included languages in the different PC´s:
EURO1: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese
EURO2: English, French, German, Turkish, Dutch, Italian
EURO3: English, Czech, Slovakian, German, Polish, Hungarian
SCANDINAVIA: English, Finnish, Swedish, Norwegian, Icelandic, Danish
BALTIC: English, German, Estonian, Russian, Latvian, Lithuanian
RUSSIA: English, German, Ukrainian, Russian, Romanian, Bulgarian, Hungarian
BALKANS: English, German, Croatian, Slovenian, Serbian, Greek
ARABIC: English, Arabic, French, Farsi, Urdu
HEBREW: English, Hebrew, Arabian, Russian, Romanian, Spanish
AFRICA: English, Portuguese, German, Italian, French
Let´s start with changing your Product Code… (*click on the screenshots to enlarge them)
2. Now install NSS on your computer.
3. You have installed NSS succesfully on your computer? Okay, let´s start with changing your PC.
4. Start NSS, then plug your device into the computer and choose “PC Suite”. Now click on “scan for new device” in the top right corner of NSS.
5. Now NSS should have found your device.
6. Click on “Phone Info”
7. Enter the PC you want on your phone, then mark “Enabled” and click on “Write”.
8. Now you have changed the PC of your phone and you can close NSS.
As you can see it is very easy to change your phones Product Code.
If there are any problems leave a comment.