Symbian^3 offers the latest screen saver on devices that gives some lively scenes in your phone’s screen when it’s locked, specifically for AMOLED screens capable like the Nokia N8.
There are three types of screen savers on the Symbian^3. There are:
- Music Player (Colored) – Always turned on as long as your device (N8) is powered on unless you deactivated it through two different ways.
- Slide Show (Colored) – You can choose random or images of your choice and be played as slide show for minimum of 5 sec and max of 60 sec. After that the screen will be off unlike on Music and Big Clock which are always on when phone is locked.
- Big Clock – Works the same as Music Player, it will be always on during locked period. This is the default screen saver settings because it is much efficient to use.
If you are not fun of using these screen savers, you can still deactivate it. There are two tips that I will be sharing in deactivating or activating your screen saver.
- Activate the Power Saving Mode – You can access it through tapping the battery icon on top right on your home screen. Once it is activated, all screen saver are deactivated, vice versa.
- None Setting – You can also fully deactivate your screen saver through picking the None setup in your Screen Saver settings.
For the feedbacks on the screen saver, I noticed that there are some graphical issues on Music Player screen saver type. Like there are some wrong or image’s pixel absent making the whole Music Player Screen Saver graphics distorted.
Distorted Graphics on Media Player screen saver
Overall, the new screen saver on Symbian^3 are blessings on my AMOLED-screen-phone Nokia N8 which I enjoy everytime I locked my phone, and no battery consumption issue at all.